1. Terrorist attack
I feel terrorism is prevalent everywhere; look at the Paris attacks, the World Trade Centers, etc. The threat of terrorism leaves people fearful, depressed and paranoid.
2. Global Warming
This impacts our future and just as importantly, our childrens future. The lands will change, there will be tsunamis, earthquakes, etc. All of which can damage our properties and in extreme cases, kill people.
3. Managing Immigration
This is an emerging problem that if not controlled, can get out of hand. This goes back to my number one, the need for tighter immigration guidelines. This also applies to issues with crime, violence, abuse of the system and issues with job creation/maintenance. I have family in Germany right now and the rape and assault crime has escalated by 32% in less than 6 months.
4. Homelessness
Where there are resources, there is a way. No one should have to live on the streets, even more sad is that a huge percentage of those who are homeless are veterans. The same men and women who fought for me and my families freedom are now dealing with lack of housing, starvation, post traumatic stress disorder and drug abuse.
5. Racial tension
This is great divide among different races. While we do not need to agree on everything, the current elevation of tension is dividing friends, families, co-workers; it is increasing violence and we are reverting back to the era of Abe Lincoln with how people segregate each other and isolate one another. It is making our means for communicating with each other ugly.
Top 5 World Problem Solutions:
1. Veteran support
I isolated the solution in my original post but I genuinely feel if we re-evaluate who we give out assistance to and cap how long you can give assistance it will allow for more services and assistance to be provided to our veterans.
2. Homelessness
I feel this will eventually become a number one easy solution but people are still trying to get understand and breakthrough the stigma that is associated with homelessness but we are getting so much closer to handling the issue. In Orange County we are relocating the homeless into small condos to keep them off the streets and are looking into rehabilitation centers and mini house for a long term solution.
3. Heroin
The problem is not getting assistance for those who are sick from using the drug, it is not easy but it is doable. What we need to do is educate our youth on why they should not try it to begin with. I say youth because the heroin epidemic is rising at a faster rate of any other drug and it lies within college age students. We need to look into a campaign like that of the tobacco free living and go hard on showing potential user the dangers and consequences.
4. Racial Tension
This is possible. We have made leaps and bounds from the slavery days but we are digressing. I actually think a lot of the issue lies with the media sensationalizing things and unfortunately there are no filters to keep them from doing so. We need to show a united front and that takes a lot of counseling. Some people would be open to such methods, others are harder to crack.
5. Syria Starvation
This really is as easy as taking control of the country and helping the citizens who live there; however, without the government wanting to assist the poor people in Syria will continue to starve. Sure, they allowed one organized group to provide one month of food assistance but it is not even a full meal. Once the group is controlled, the people will no longer be victims and can live the way they once did.
Hi Nicole,
ReplyDeleteGreat work I enjoyed reading through your post! I too had many of the same major top five world problems in terrorism and global warming. I see global warming as an issue that effects everyone on this Earth and we are all responsible for helping reduce carbon emissions and working towards a solution to slow and repair climate change.
Here's the link to my post if you'd like to check it out:
http://gregneatrours.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html
Hey Nicole,
ReplyDeleteYou have very creative problems and solutions. Most problems on your list I wouldn’t have thought about. We both have terrorism as the number one problem of the world, and for a good reason. I thought it was interesting that you put the immigration problem on your list, and also homelessness. I think homelessness is something many of us overlook, and should try to help out more with.
Here is a link to my blog post if you want to check it out
http://entrepreneurshipblogs.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html
Hi Nicole. I am commenting on yours as one of the students assigned to me was no longer in the course. I also saw you were a fellow Orlando student as I am as well.
ReplyDeleteYour #1 "terrorism" world problem was one of mine as well. It seems like it has become a scary world to live and travel in. I can't go to a race or performance or anywhere with a large crowd without thinking of someone possibly setting off a bomb or shooting people. It's a horrible feeling, but I definitely don't let it keep me from venturing out as they will win if I do. I am wondering about # 3 though, "Managing Immigration". You stated that the rape and assault crime escalated in Germany. Are you saying it's up because of the immigration of other cultures there? I am just curious as I do believe immigration needs to be controlled, especially here in the U.S., but am wondering if you're saying that immigrants are the ones causing the crimes. I can't say I agree on that.
I liked your #1 solution as I am a huge supporter of our veterans since I have many in my family and circle of friends. I feel like this is such an easy solution to solve if they would just get someone in office to set it as a priority and stop wasting money on things that aren't necessary, like more fighter jets or ships. Let's use the ones we already have and aren't utilizing to their full potential (I've heard there are many).
Here is my blog:
http://ctaylornewsblog.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html