The thing that stood out most to me in week's 3 chapter reading was the dark side of entrepreneurship. I often associated entrepreneurship with living the American dream, sure there are risks, sure there are failures; some of the items listed such as financial risk and career risk made obvious sense but the one that surprised me was family and social risk. You expect your family to fully support and endorse you, but you do not think that you could be damaging those relationships in hopes of living a better life.
The thing I did not really understand was the classifying decisions using a conceptual framework section. Specifically, how does one move from one quadrant to another? Where are those lines, they seem blurred to me as it would be a matter of opinion, no?
The Enron disaster was highlighted in the book under the "in practice"; this was a case from several years ago. Does the Author feel there are any relevant cases that are not quite yet exposed but make you go hmmmm? For example, why is Disney and Amazon not working jointly on selling products in the past year? Is there shady practices on either end? This is less entrepreneurship, more big box companies but the question of ethics is still questionable.
The only thing that I would add, not necessarily think was wrong in the authors writing was the sources of stress. He named loneliness, immersion in business, people problems, need to achieve. I feel like there are other variables for consideration, financial, legalities, lack of knowledge.
No comments:
Post a Comment