Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story - Week 2

Honestly, the closest I ever came to entrepreneurship was in high school.  I used to go to Walmart and buy bags of blow pops, at the time they did not have candy machines or school stores so I would bring the blow pop to school and sell them to my peers for $.75 each.  I was not bringing in hundreds but I made enough to go shopping once a month or eat out with my friends a couple times a week.

I took this class as a requirement but it is a course that I am truly looking forward to.  I often watch Shark Tank (I love that show) and think to myself, "I can do this", "I had that idea years ago."  I also hear myself saying "must be nice to be your own boss."  Of course it is!  There is nothing or no one that is keeping me from getting there, I just need the tools, education and motivation and I can be one of those people.

2 comments:

  1. I had a friend that did the same thing as you in high school but instead of just Blow Pops he had a multitude of candies, chips, and other food. It is definitely an easy way to make a few bucks and learn some things. I love Shark Tank as well and am always amazed at the people that go in there and have so much faith in their product or service. You seem to already have a great mindset for success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember in middle school kids would use that same tactic as a fund raiser for some kind of organization they were part of. I actually never thought to do that as a way to make money for myself, so you're off to a great start in terms of entrepreneurship!

    ReplyDelete