Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Final Reflection

The best experience for me was My Unfair Advantage and the interview with an entrepreneur.  The interview with the entrepreneur gave me a first hand knowledge of the thought process of the entrepreneur, not only the first interview where I was just entering the class but also the one just a week ago where the entrepreneur could see that I had grown.  The unfair advantage helped me realize that I am stronger and better than I thought I was.  In times where I felt weak, the elevator pitches, the unfair advantage helped lift me up and reading other blogs, made me realize that it had a positive influence on ones self esteem.

I definitely think I have a lot more to learn and grow from as an entrepreneur but I most certainly think that a girl who had zero interest in running her own business when I started this class has evolved and I am constantly thinking...is there a need, could I fulfill that need?  I love that!

To do well in this class and to enjoy it, you need to watch the lectures, read the assignments in detail and plan ahead.  This particular course and the path of becoming an entrepreneur require time, patience and dedication.  If you do not have that, you will not enjoy the journey.  I also think acquiring a mentor along the way is incredibly helpful and gives you the opinions of outsiders who are experienced in the business world, this is outside of our student peer comments.

Life's a journey, enjoy the ride and learn from your mistakes.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Nicole,

    I also said that one of my formative experiences was the interview with the entrepreneur because we were able to actually here about the hardships and successes from that specific person. I agree with you in that I think a lot of the students in this class have grown and now have an entrepreneur mindset without even realizing it. If you want to see what my final reflection is, here is the link:

    http://andreacdona.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, I really like your post. I hadn't thought about it like that and you're definitely right. As a chemistry major I never imagined that I would become an entrepreneur but what If I come up with a great product/idea? Then I would totally need all the skills I need from this class. And again, this class requires dedication, so If one is willing to take it it's worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole,

    I think we are on the same page when it comes to constantly thinking about filling a need. I catch myself asking myself if I can fulfill a need as well! Also, I agree with you talking about being stronger than you are. I think this post is a perfect post about what a self reflection is.

    I hope you had a great semester and I hope you will use all that you learned here in the future! You can check out my blog post at http://flatpeak.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    Brian D. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole! This blog post was really great. I can't believe that it's the end of the year. I learned so much from this class through the experiences and assignments. I started thinking like an entrepreneur as well after completing this class. I like the way my mind works now. I have turned into a different person and I like who that person is. You should read my blog post, I'm sure you will like it. Good luck! http://itsmyblogforentc3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! It's crazy to think that this is the end of our school year and how fast we have grown and learned so much in such a small time! I wish you the most in life and know that you have a lot of great ideas and will do just wonderful! Check out my blog!!

    ReplyDelete