Friday, April 8, 2016

Week 14 Reading Reflection

Not necessarily a surprise but establishing a firms value was somewhat overwhelming.  There is different valuation methods that require a great deal of accounting knowledge.  With a cheat sheet in front of me I'm sure I would understand the value more but when reading and then reflecting back on it, I kept mixing everything up.  I had no idea that there were so many method for venture valuation.

A question for the author would be why do most analyst agree that the real value of any venture is in its potential earning power?  And why does discounted earnings method determine the firms true value vs. other methods?

It is hard for me to say if the author was wrong about anything because this was a greatly detailed chapter with different methods of measurement and I do not know enough to determine if they are wrong.  I have more "why's" than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment