I am a business person with 17 years experience, 7 of which were hospitality, 2 in finance and the remainder in government relations. My attention to detail is impeccable, I thrive off multi-tasking and have been told I have excellent people skills.
What I am offering to my customers is an ala cart concierge service for singles and working families. Instead of having multiple vendors handle various tasks such as bringing your pet to the vet, pick-up and delivery of dry cleaning or coordination of pick-up of your kids from soccer practice you can outsource all of those things to me to take care of it.
After multiple interviews, I find my client base to be working families and bachelors, however, the service can be for anyone, single moms/dads, students, elderly, etc. I find that price restrictions are less of an issue with working families and bachelors though.
The same reason people hire help to clean their homes or mow their lawns, time and convenience is why they would hire me. There are many times my friends are complaining they do not have enough hours in the day or they forgot to pick-up their dry cleaning so I figured, a mothers helper so to speak would be a helpful service. Especially if it is the same person who you know and can rely on.
What do I have that no one else has? Experience and connections. Seriously, after working for hospitality and government, I have joined every social group and forum out there, not to mention I do a lot of volunteer work in the community. I believe the more you know, the more successful you will be.
I believe that my experience, connections and skill set are what makes this a perfect business model. I chose my business after evaluating my strengths, I evaluated my strengths by taking an MBTI. My biggest challenge will be services that already exist, what sets me apart is that business will not be outsourced and it will be a one stop shop.
I did not get the 4 reviews like others may have but of the reviews that I did receive, I found a consensus noted that I should outline what services I will do and what ones I am not equipped to do. I think I would list out my general services but also have something advertised where I say please contact me directly if there is a service you are inquiring about that you do not see listed that way I can step outside the box and add items that might be in demand. Another person said incentives and reviews should be incorporated into my business plan and I love that idea! I think if someone signs up for a monthly membership which guarantees them 2 errands a week, I can offer a free errand from a pre-select menu of services. As far as the reviews go, I can offer $5 off your next service for every review left on Yelp and/or Facebook.
Nicole, you clearly have a lot of experience in this business world which is a great beginning for an entrepreneur and for your business idea! You have knowledge and experiences that can aid in thinking of new business ideas too. I think this is a great idea because of how fast paced our society is. One of the biggest things I hear people say is they wish they had more time! So I feel like this is a great idea to alleviate some of the stressors in life.
ReplyDeleteCheck out my post: http://rachelsentrepreneurship.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html
Hello Nicole, I agree with Rachel that your experiences in the business world is easily seen. I believe your idea is a great use of others to help gain more time, reduce stress and just to allow yourself to do what you would like to do for the time you hire the concierge service. The yelp idea is also a good idea because it can only provide your business with positive feedback, because as long as people can save money, they will say nearly anything that you would like them to. You should go and check out my post at http://jakesentrepreneurshipuf.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-2.html
ReplyDelete-Jake
Hey Nicole,
ReplyDeleteI think your idea could be very effective in a larger city where your client-base is more wealthy on average. This product seems like it would be high-end so college towns may not prove to be lucrative for you. It would be interesting to see if an app for this product would help with marketing and organization. Check out my post too! http://josetheentrepreneur.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html
Great idea Nicole! I think this is an awesome idea. Convenience is the best thing about the whole thing! I know I would totally use your services. It would make so many people's lives so much easier. My only question is what will your prices be like? This seems like something that would be pretty expensive, so that may be a problem in developing a good client base. But overall, I think you did an awesome job in describing everything. I totally would love this! Thanks for sharing! Check mine out at http://summerborges.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html
ReplyDelete