Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Week 9 Reading Reflections

I went from reading a chapter that was completely boring and challenging for me, Chapter 8 to Chapter 9 where we covered legal challenges.  This was the dirty chapter, the think outside the box chapter, the open your eyes and see what you are going to face chapter and it was a great read.

While I had a general idea of the amount of money it cost to produce a patent (from Shark Tank), the timing of the patent was surprising.  What was an absolute shocker was that 2 percent of all patents ever realize any profits.  It really makes you think as an entrepreneur.

I was somewhat confused between the parody and trademark.  Not so much what they meant because when I read the definition it was clear.  I just seemed to use them hand in hand.

While it is not so much a question, I would have liked a "blue box" example of trade secrets and it has happened in the real world.

I cannot say I disagreed with the advantages or disadvantaged of sole proprietorship as I have never been a sole business owner but when I think about my interview with the daycare owner and apply it to my readings, it did not gel with the outlined examples.  One in specific was relative freedom from governmental control.  She was constantly talking about the red tape that the county put her through, the taxes, certifications, etc. So I would think that would apply to that comment.  Perhaps the advantages and disadvantages vary based on the person and/or business?

No comments:

Post a Comment