Monday, February 1, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 1

I am a detail oriented person who loves to multi-task.  I have 8 + years of hospitality service on my belt and well over 15 years in management.  I am good a networking and am very involved in my community.  Therefore I feel owning and operating a concierge service for families, small businesses and even local hotels would be a great opportunity to apply my skill set with the demand for day to day life of families/individuals in the Central Florida area.

People love to pay for convenience, case in point: tolls to get places quicker, meal delivery service so they do not have to run to the store, flower delivery, etc.  Instead of reaching out to multiple avenues to acquire their needs, I can be a one stop shop.  Does the single bachelor running a fortune 500 company need his dry cleaning picked up?  Done.  Does the working mom who does not have time to get dinner need a gluten free meal? Done.  Are both parents working late and have no one available to pick-up Tommy from soccer practice?  I'm here.  Convenience comes in different packages for different people and a one stop shop is just what Central Floridians need.

Between my experience, reputation in the community for being a reliable and superior leader and the my negotiation skills to give local businesses more service by giving my customers a discounted rate (I did this in my previous occupation in the hospitality industry); I stand out from the rest.  Not to mention there is no business like this that exists in the area as of present moment.  I can put my thumb print on the map so to speak.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is an awesome idea, but so much work! I can see how a ton of people would find this very useful, I know I certainly would. One thing I think you should consider doing is laying out what you will and won't do as far as services. For example, if you don't know how to change a car tire, you should clarify on your advertisement that your services don't include changing tires.
    Overall great job though!
    Here's the link to my post: http://ckm-ent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/week-6-idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy this idea because much like you I am a huge multi tasker. I feel like I am constantly doing something at once and never just focusing on solely one thing. I think you need to list what things are covered and what are not because this could be such a wide range of stuff that people need to know what is not covered. I really do like this idea and enjoyed reading this. Check out mine!http://gerb95.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post and the passion you have for taking on any challenge in your way. The argument that came to my mind was how are you going to make this scalable? Maybe hire people like you that enjoy helping with multi tasking skills. I think if you're able to brand this in a one stop SIMPLE shop then it could work. As long as you don't have a clutter and confusing reputation it could be popular. Also incentives and reviews could also energise business. Great job explaining your idea and talents. If you have the time check out my blog

    http://oliverbranchus.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no1.html

    ReplyDelete