Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 2





In my last video I had let my viewers know that I have severe speech anxiety and that I knew it was not a great quality video but after over 20 tries, it was the best one that I was able to deliver.

There was not much criticism for my video which was quite kind of my peers as I know I was missing a lot of detail but their kind words definitely helped me push through this one a little better.  Again, there were details I wanted to mention that I forgot, such as the cost and the different forms of advertising I would to make my business success but after 15 takes this time, I went with the best.  The one thing that was a great suggestion was making the video visible in my blog and that I did.

This time I remembers to include my demographic and a general idea of what services would be included.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole, I would've never guessed that you had severe speech anxiety before reading your video description! I felt that you remained very calm and the spoke very clearly. My one critique would be that you spoke a bit fast but other than that I thought you got through everything properly. Aside from that, although I think you may have competition with your idea based on online services already being offered to people, I still think a business like this can be constantly improved. As long as you differentiate yourself and have a solid team you can be successful. Thanks for sharing and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole, I like the fact that you got to the point but I also feel that it made your presentation seem a little rushed. I would suggest slowing down a little. One thing I thought was great was your eye contact. I have watched a couple of these and eye contact seems to be a big problem with students and the presentations. Check my pitch out!!
    http://keithjrsideas.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole,

    This pitch seemed very polished! I'm glad to hear that despite having speech anxiety, you were able to film this pitch at a good degree of professionalism. The assignment called for a 60 second pitch and your pitch is almost there. I think talking about how you identified the opportunity, why you are qualified or give customer testimonials would greatly help in achieving a longer pitch.

    Check out my blog here http://kevindoanent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-pt-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nicole. I used to be so nervous before presenting in front of a lot of people but after obtaining my AA, most of my courses required a 5 minute presentation in front of 60 plus people so I eventually got used to it. I really like how you have eye contact with the camera, I’ve encountered quite a few students who were reading off of their desktop. I think your idea is different. Would it only be you who would be providing personal assistance? Here is a link to my pitch. http://clarissaidos.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nicole! You are so straight forward and enthusiastic on camera that I would never have known that you had speech anxiety. I really like your business idea, it is really helpful and necessary for people's lives, especially college students. Maybe create an app where a person would select a service that they needed to have done and you would send someone out to do it! Your camera was perfectly angled and you got straight to the point. I didn't have any questions while watching your elevator pitch which is very important. I also had trouble getting the best take, but in the end, I'm glad with what I came up with. Check it out! http://itsmyblogforentc3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no2.html

    ReplyDelete