Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 1

I have to be honest, I have such bad speech anxiety that I could not push through the elevator pitch easily, I certainly missed many points that I intended to cover but this was take 28 of my recordings so I decided that it was the best that I could due to meet the deadline.

On that note, the name of my company is At Your Service.  It is a concierge company for people with any lifestyle, from bachelors to single moms to working parents with a large broad.  People would be charged on an ala carte, as needed basis and could include anything from arranging catering for a birthday party, to picking up the dog from the vet to dropping the kids off at soccer practice.

The link to my video can be found below:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2CSk1osy-KI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7 comments:

  1. Hey Nicole!

    I was going through the blog feed and I couldn't help but notice your honest post. I think you did a fantastic job! Good work and you have an amazing idea! Keep it up!

    Best,
    Brandon Fantozzi, TA Mentor

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great first pitch, Nicole. To be honest, in my introductory video in my blog, I think it took me 56 tries to get it right. It's really annoying! But we're getting better with practice, have no doubt about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I would work on getting the video on here but all things considered I think you did a great job. Just keep working on it and by the 3rd or 4th time we do it you should be getting better! http://entgarrett.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1-trial-runfail.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you did a great job public speaking is not the easiest for everyone and I think that you performed better than average. I think that there is a lot of potential for your idea and it can help a lot of busy people around the world. I think that you should keep it up and from one fellow student to another you did awesome. Check out my pitch also
    http://markemiablogs.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nicole,
    I think you did great. Don’t let anxiety hold you back from great ideas. I really think that your idea could be really helpful for busy families and has potential to be used for many other types of customer. Thank you for sharing and I wish you the best on your entrepreneur adventure.
    If you have the time please check out my blog at:
    http://entoni3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole,
    Your elevator pitch was awesome! You didn't seem nervous at all but instead extremely professional. Your idea is also one that is extremely reasonable and I think people are really going to be interested. It can provide such versatile help to moms, dads, or really anyone! Thanks so much for sharing! Feel free to check out my blog at http://entbyjts.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. For someone who said they were incredibly nervous for this, you certainly did an amazing job and you did not seem to be nervous at all! Honestly, I was too nervous to do this and therefore did not do it at all. So great job on overcoming that fear, you definitely did a better job with that than I did! Your idea is also great and I think that people will be very useful and that many people will take interest in it! I would send you the link to mine, but as I said, I never turned mine in. But great job on this and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete