Tuesday, March 29, 2016

My Exit Strategy


My plan is to expand my business in the next 5 years outside of Orlando and more towards metro markets like Chicago and New York.  I would like to expand the business as a whole to not only my children but hire family members in various states so there is a level of trust within the business and I can assure my customers that I know the expansion worker personally.

The number one priority with my business is customer satisfaction, knowing I am expanding the business with people I know and appreciate and they are a reflection of me most definitely influences my decision to expand.

Lastly, if I can employ people in my own family and provide them with a solid foundation to work, good benefits and a great relationship with their boss; and most importantly a solid business model for my children to take over down the road, I would love to do that.

3 comments:

  1. That's really great that your number one priority is your customers. I think that's really important to make a priority and you clearly seem to have an understanding of it. Also, I like that your initial response to your next move was expansion. A lot of people have been talking about selling their business so Iike how you're looking at more possibilities.
    Here is a link to my post:
    http://bonanientrepreneurship.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy-week-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nichole,
    I think it is great that you are in it for the long haul. I would however caution against your plan for having family members run your company across the country. I say this as someone who grew up working for the family business. Family and money don't mix very well, and when problems do arise, the fact that you are related can make things worse than if they were your employee's and nothing more. It's great that you want to help your family and provide them with employment, but be cautious.

    You can check out my Exit Strategy here: http://llogsdonent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole, I really like how you want to expand your business and try and attract more customers. I also think that family business give a more personal touch and definitely attract those who love great service. Thanks for sharing, here’s the link to my post if you want to check it out: http://tristansentblog.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html.

    ReplyDelete