Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Week 12 Reading Reflection

The biggest surprise for me in reading chapter 12 was not so much a surprise but wishing it was something I read from the beginning, which was the Presentation of the Business Plan.  While the professor provided us with an example for our elevator pitch, I think I could have eased my nerves by following some of the steps.  One that particularly stood out was to focus on the "pain" for which your venture will be the solution.  I knew it was a solution but placing emphasis on the pain really hit home.

One area that I would have liked to get a better understanding of was the critical risks segment.  Yes there are what-ifs but how to you come to those what-ifs, how do you trouble shoot them?  Which in turn would also be questions that I have for the author?  I know every business is different but examples of various businesses would have been helpful.

I guess I do not necessarily agree with the updating the business plan, particularly the financial changes.  It states to update your plan at least a yearly basis but should there not be a stipulation or a contingency noted in the next that it would be evaluated immediately should there be a natural disaster or a terrorism threat?

No comments:

Post a Comment